known time gates
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which book should I read first?
- There is no definite order you must read them in, they are all stand alone books; but if you'd like some order, check out the what order? page.
- When will the next book be out?
Who will the next book be about?
- I'm keeping abreast of these developments as best I can on the news page.
- How do you pronounce ______?
- ... Iolanthe
- Lynn says eye-oh-lan-thuh
- long 'i' sound; long 'o'; 'a' as in father
- ... de Piaget
- de Piaget should be pronounced 'deh pee-a-zhet'. According to a French-speaker.
- (long 'e'; long 'e'; 'a' as in 'cat'; 'zh' as in Jacques [sings *frere Jacques, frere Jacques*] with a short 'e' as in 'jet')
- ... Rhys
- REES ... rhymes with 'piece'.
- 'guard-robe' is the closest approximation. dictionary.com's entry.
- What is a [insert castle feature here]?
- Here are a couple links to castle terms glossaries:
- Castle Terms
- Glossary of Castle Terms
- Hemyock Castle Glossary of Medieval Terms
- Jousting Terms
- Medieval Resources
- Is there going to be a book about Nicholas and Amanda getting together?
- No. Amanda's story has been released with Dreams of Startust. Reader opinions varied on the subject of these two together in a romantic relationship. Here are a couple threads regarding the issue:
- 07.22.2003 thread (click here if it is no longer available.)
- 07.01.2003 thread (click here if it is no longer available.)